Today is National Bacon Day according to some, but to others the Saturday before Labor day is National Bacon Day. Maybe one is National Bacon Day and the other is International Bacon Day? I don’t know and it doesn’t matter because I don’t need a special day to celebrate bacon. I love bacon any day! Frankly speaking, just about everything is better with bacon!
This is a recipe that is made so much better by adding crumbled bacon to the top. I made this for Super Bowl Sunday and it was a hit! It’s a wonderful appetizer, but we have eaten it as our main meal too. We just added a variety of fresh vegetables and fruit and dinner is done!
Ingredients for queso chicken:
- Frozen breaded chicken strips – use whichever brand is your favorite one.
- Queso sauce – you can make your own if you have time, otherwise just buy a jar
- Green onions
- 3 cheese blend
- Ranch dipping sauce
How to make it:
Then I like to add a fruit, either fresh or a jarred variety.
10 Fun facts about bacon:
- It’s good for hangovers. Bacon contains amino acids which replace neurotransmitters that are depleted when we drink too much.
- It’s addictive, now I know why I like it so much!! It contains umami, which creates positive brain reactions.
- It has some heart healthy benefits because it contains a lot of omega-3 fatty acids, like salmon or walnuts.
- Bacon has fat, but it doesn’t have trans fat, which is the worst kind.
- Bacon can be beneficial during pregnancy. It contains choline which is a chemical that benefits fetal brain development.
- The average American eats 17.9 pounds of bacon every year.
- Bacon scented cologne was created in 1920.
- You can get bacon flavored beer, vodka and bourbon.
- Four strips of bacon contain fewer calories than 2 scrambled eggs.
- Oscar Meyer was the first company to bring sliced, packaged bacon to the masses.
So go out and enjoy your bacon! As long as we eat it in moderation, it isn’t as bad for us as we thought!
Click here for printable instructions for Easy Queso Chicken: Easy Queso Chicken
Fun bacon facts gathered from these websites: Bacon Today WebMD Fox News
This post was shared on the following lovely link parties: Foodie Friday Link Party Palooza Pieced Pastimes Freedom Fridays Melt In Your Mouth Monday Monday Madness Made by you Monday Grand Social Party in Your PJs What’s Cookin’ Wednesday This is How We Roll Thursday Simple Saturdays Blog Hop Share the Wealth Sunday