Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. That just means if you click on the link and end up making a purchase, we get a small referral fee at no extra cost to you. Thank you!
This month’s DIY Blog Challenge was to create something with a Halloween theme. Ooooh fun, right!
I went looking for an oval-shaped frame for the vision I had and found one at a thrift store on one of my husband Paul and I’s outings. My plan was to create a spooky spider web in the center of the frame and hang it on our front door.
Supplies for Spooky Halloween Door Decoration:
- Oval picture frame
- Small tacks or nails
- Black cord
- Black gloss paint
- Bow & other decor
- Small round velcro pads
How I made my Spooky Halloween Door Decoration:
- I washed my oval frame and allowed it to dry until the following day.
- My frame has a lip on the inside of the frame, which is perfect because if you are hanging your frame you don’t want the small nails or tacks to scrape the door, etc. I placed my tacks on the back of the frame and inside that little lip. The ones I purchased were a perfect size and the head of the tack will keep the black cord from pulling off. I was able to actually push the tacks into the wood a little bit and then finish pushing them in with a hammer. I had to go back around the frame then and make sure I had left enough room to slide the cord between the tack and the wood.
- Next, I spray painted the frame with a gloss black spray paint, starting with the backside. (See our handsome collie, Gunnar soaking up the sun in the background!)
- After both sides were painted and allowed to dry well, I began stringing my web.
- Then I got out my faithful old glue gun and glued on a bow I purchased at Michaels craft store, adding in a few other decorative items, also purchased from Michaels.
- And then I glued on the spider.
- I attached a few stick-on small velcro pads to the back of the frame to protect the door.
And that was it! This was a very quick and easy project and it looks so good on the front door!
The participating blogs this month are:
Thank you for stopping by! Have a great week!
This post will be shared at the link parties found on my “Where I Party” page.