I admit it! I have never been much of a cheeseball fan. I know there are many of you that probably make a great cheeseball, but my experience for many years was just the store purchased variety. Need I say more! That is until this cheeseball recipe was made by one of my sisters and it changed my opinion forever!
This cheeseball is so good! I was working on my Easter dinner menu recently and decided it would be nice to have an appetizer to greet family as they arrived. I thought of the cheeseball and decided to make it with a twist, shape it into a bunny head!
I really hope, and I think that you will, enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I have through the years!
- 2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese
- 1 (8 oz) can of crushed pineapple – drained
- 1 tablespoon of seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped green onion
- ¼ cup of finely chopped bell pepper
- Open the cream cheese and place it in a medium sized bowl, allow to soften
- While it is softening, chop the green onion and bell pepper
- Open and drain the can of crushed pineapple
- Add the drained pineapple, seasoned salt, chopped green onion and bell pepper to the cream cheese
- Mix well
- Shape into a ball
- Roll in nuts
- Store in air tight container in fridge
Because I wanted to attempt a bunny head shape, I forego the shaping it into a ball and did my best to make a bunny shaped head and ears. I’m not nearly as artistic as many, or probably most of you, so don’t laugh at my bunny head! I then just poured the nuts on slowly, pressing them in lightly with my fingers.
For the face, I cut circles out of the white of a radish and placed a green olive slice on top. Next for the nose and mouth, I used the red portion of the radish. And then I finished it off with carrots for the whiskers! Actually I think it’s a funny looking bunny, but I doubt if the people eating it will be bothered by the imperfections of the bunny!
Finish your cheeseball off by placing it on a pretty serving plate and surrounding it with the crackers of your choice!
Most important, have a wonder Easter!
Please click here for the printable recipe: Cheeseball Recipe