This salad is so easy to throw together and so good. It really is more of a dessert than a salad, but it does include apples as an ingredient so it can’t be totally disregarded as having no nutritional value!
It is a favorite of my family and is often requested when a family meal is being planned. Why argue when it has few ingredients and it’s quick!
- 1 small package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz container cool whip
- 2 apples cored and chopped with peel on
- 2 king size snicker candy bars – chopped or 8 oz package of Snickers unwrapped bites
- Core and chop apples into bite size pieces, leaving peel on
- Pour the instant vanilla pudding into a bowl
- Add 1 cup of milk
- Mix well
- Fold in 8 ounce container of cool whip
- Add in apple pieces
- The original recipe calls for 2 king size Snickers candy bars chopped. But why take the time to chop and make the sticky mess when today we have packaged Snickers bites available. These are the perfect size and one 8 oz package is equal to two king size bars.
- Cool and store in refrigerator.
Two apples cored and chopped with the peel left on. The type of apple is your preference, I happen to prefer sweet, crisp apples and chose Fugi’s for this salad.
The result….delicious Snickers Salad!
This is a welcome addition to any meal at home, but it’s also a great idea when you need a quick dish to take to the office, church or any other event. Maybe the upcoming Super Bowl?
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!