How is the weather in your corner of the world? Here in the East we have had a rainy spring! I appreciate the rain, I know we need it, but enough now!!! I need some sun! And today I’m looking at, wait for it…. sunshine!
Sunshine and warm weather bring about a more active lifestyle and make me want to eat lighter meals. I started digging through my old recipe binder and found a Spaghetti Salad recipe that I can’t even remember the last time I made. I know that I received the recipe when we lived in California and that was 20 years ago!
Anyway, I wanted to give it a try again, so off I went to get what I needed. I could not find Schilling Salad Supreme seasoning so I purchased McCormick Perfect Pinch Salad Supreme.
Spaghetti Salad Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 boxes of spaghetti
- 1 large red onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 basket cherry tomatoes or 2 large tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 16 oz bottle of Italian Salad dressing
- 1 can of black olives
- Schilling Salad Supreme seasoning (or whatever salad supreme seasoning is available in your area)
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic Powder
1. Break up spaghetti and cook just until done. Do not overcook.
3. Rinse with cold water and drain again.
4. Put in large bowl and pour in Italian dressing.
5. Mix well.
6. Generously season with Schilling Salad Supreme, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Chop the red onion, green pepper and cucumber.
8. Mix the chopped vegies and cherry tomatoes into the spaghetti and chill.
9. The flavor absorbs the longer it sits before serving!
After letting it sit in the fridge for an hour I gave it a taste test and “yes!”, it passed. The next taste tester was my hubbie, Paul, and it passed once again. And I breathed a sigh of relief because I’m so glad when a recipe turns out well!
One of the great things about this type of recipe is the flexibility. Your vegetable selection isn’t limited to what the recipe calls for. Celery, fresh peas and radishes are just a few other suggestions.
I added a nice glass of southern sweet tea and it became the perfect light summer meal!Spaghetti salad is a perfect light meal for hot summer days! #spaghetti #salad Click To Tweet
Click below to print the printable version of the recipe.