If you are like me you are always on the look out for quick, tasty recipes that can easily be prepared at the end of a long day. Many times I’m inspired by the chef created meals served in the dining room where I work. When I leave the job at 5:30, the evening meal served to our residents is usually fresh on my mind and sometimes I will stop at the store on the way home to grab a few ingredients to make my own version.
Last week the chef created a delicious flat bread with spinach and artichokes entree. I knew it would be easy to make and after spotting naan bread and spinach/artichoke dip at Costco I decided to create a similar dinner. This recipe requires only about 30 minutes to prepare and tastes delicious. It makes a good light summer meal for these hot summer days we are experiencing in California.
If you only have a short time to prepare a meal, try this Spinach Artichoke Naan recipe –
- naan bread (Costco sometimes sells a large package)
- extra virgin olive oil
- spinach/artichoke dip (Costco sells a spinach artichoke parmesan dip) or make your own. Here’s a simple 4.5 star recipe from Allrecipes.com
- fresh basil (Noah cut fresh basil from his garden)
- cherry tomatoes
- sliced black olives
- feta Cheese
- Slice cherry tomatoes
- Slice black olives
- Tear fresh basil leaves into smaller pieces
- Lightly brush naan with olive oil. Some people sprinkle naan with a little water to keep it soft while heating. I like mine a little crispier so I just use olive oil
- Broil on low for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned
- Remove from oven and spread a generous amount of spinach artichoke dip on naan
- Top with basil, sliced tomatoes, sliced olives and feta cheese
- Broil for 4-5 minutes or just long enough to heat through.
- Remove from oven and cut into slices using a pizza cutter or sharp knife
Add a simple green salad or fruit with a refreshing lemon tea and you have a great summer meal!
And, if you have any leftover naan it makes a great snack when heated and dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. A family favorite!