I’m sharing a recipe with you today that my hubbie, Paul, thinks is great. It’s actually just a simple little recipe. Each time I share a recipe I think, “why am I sharing this, is this good enough to share, or just because we like it will anyone else like it?”
I’m going to once again throw those fears to the wind and just share it with you anyway! It’s a recipe for chicken salad that you eat warm which is a bit unique.
I like to get all of the ingredients I’ll be using out and ready to go before I start. Saves some time for me rather than getting in and out of cupboards. If I don’t do it that way, inevitably my hands are covered in something and have to be washed before opening the cupboard door every single time! I’m a big hand washer anyway, it was drilled into my head “the single most effective way to prevent the spread of infection, is wash your hands”.
I use thin boneless chicken breasts and cook them in a little olive oil. While my chicken is cooking I chop my celery and grate my onion to save a little time. The thin breasts cook up quickly. I allow them to cool a little, don’t want to be yelling “ouch, da_ _ that’s hot”, the entire time you’re cutting. Hubbie, Paul happens to hate it when I do that!
Today I cut pita pockets into fourths and we ate the chicken salad on those with some fresh vegies on the side. It can be eaten in such a variety of ways; try it on a croissant, or on a nice thick slice of wheat bakery bread, or inside a pita pocket or on some lettuce leaves if you’re watching those carbs!
I hope you enjoy it. Have a great day!
- 2 cups of cubed chicken
- 2 cups of diced celery
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons of grated onion
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 3/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook the chicken and cut into cubes.
- Chop the celery.
- Mix the chicken, celery and almonds together.
- Add in each spice mixing well after each one: salt, poultry seasoning, pepper, tarragon
- Stir in the mayonnaise.
- Add the onion and lemon juice.
- Mix all together and pour into an ungreased casserole dish.
- Top with the sharp cheddar cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
This post will be shared on the lovely link parties found on my “Where I Party” page.