Supplies you will need are:
- Small tree branches (pine, fir, cedar)
- Two wire coat hangers
- Wire cutters
- Floral wire
- Pruning shears
- Any decorative items you choose to add to your wreath
1. Cut off the curved top of the hangers.
2. Bend the ends of the coat hanger into small loops and hook them around one another.
3. Bend each coat hanger into a complete circle (two circles).
5. Cut the small tree branches you will be using into approximately ten inch pieces.
6. Attach each branch to the wire with floral wire.
8. Continue working around the frame adding branches until you achieve the fullness you want.
9. Now you can add any decorations that you choose to the wreath by attaching them with floral wire.
I chose basic decorations for my wreath; pine cones and holly berries, plus a burlap bow. Other ideas for decorating are:
- Re-purpose some of the Christmas tree ornaments you already have
- Homemade salt dough ornaments
- Candy canes
- Cinnamon sticks
- Silk poinsettia leaves
- Cookie cutters
- Homemade dried orange slices made into ornaments
- What other ideas do you have?
And there you have it; a beautiful wreath to welcome family and friends!