Does your Valentine’s Day plan include making a delicious meal or snack for that special someone in your life? If so, this Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball recipe is something you’ll want to add to your menu! It’s definitely a unique twist on the old favorite and I think it’s one you’ll like!
It’s easy and delicious, and for me. easy is always a plus! It’s quick to mix together, but does require some time to sit in the fridge, so plan accordingly.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 (8 oz.) package Cream cheese
- ½ cup softened butter
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¾ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup finely chopped pecans
How to make it:
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugars; beat just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge and place cream cheese mixture on a large piece of wax paper.
- Shape into a ball.
- Wrap ball in the wax paper and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, roll cheese ball in pecans.*
- Serve with graham crackers.
Butter and cream cheese.
Butter and cream cheese mixed and sugars added.
Adding chocolate chips.
Shaped into a ball, wrapped in wax paper and back into the fridge for an hour.
Rolling in chopped pecans.
*If you don’t like pecans, you can substitute chocolate chips by placing half of the chocolate chips in the cheese ball and then roll the cheese ball in the other half.
Because this cheese ball is for Valentine’s Day, I added a few small red and pink heart sprinkles to the top for a little extra pizzazz!
This is a quick and easy dish to take to an office luncheon, church potluck or family get together. My grandchildren are picky eaters and I wasn’t sure if they would like this or not because of the cream cheese, but it was a hit with them!
Enjoy it with your family and friends soon!
Click here for a printable version of the Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball recipe.
This was shared on the following lovely link parties: Fantastic Friday