Some of the links on this blog are affiliate links and if you click on them and decide to make a purchase I will earn a small commission and it’s very much appreciated!
This is the chili recipe that I’ve been using for many years. It’s quick and easy as the name states and I do love quick and easy when it comes to recipes!
There isn’t any chopping required unless you choose to chop fresh onion rather than using frozen. The prep is basically the time it takes to cook the hamburger and pour in the other ingredients.
- 2 pounds of hamburger
- 1 onion
- chili powder
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 1 can pinto bean
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 medium size jar salsa (medium to hot)
- 2 small cans chopped ortega chilies
- cheese for topping
- I like to use 1 pound of hamburger and 1 pound of sausage. I like the extra flavor the sausage provides.
- Instead of chopping a fresh onion, I purchase frozen onion already chopped.
- As for the chili powder, it is according to taste. I only use 1 tablespoon. I have made it with more, but though I like some spice I can’t tolerate really hot food and I found 2 or 3 tablespoons to be too much for me. My husband would love it, but he’s happy to heat his up more by adding some hot peppers!
- Zesty tomato soup is the perfect soup to use, but in all of my years of making this chili I have only been able to find the zesty version one time. So I settle for regular tomato soup.
- If you’re a kidney bean fan feel free to use those instead of the chili beans.
Brown the hamburger with the onion and chili powder, drain.This chili recipe is the easiest one I've ever found, but easy doesn't mean flavorless. It's delicious! #food #foodie #foodlover #foodblogger #easyrecipe #recipe Click To Tweet
That’s it! A chili recipe can’t get much easier than that! The most important thing is that my husband and I really like it. And now I hope that you will too!
Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day!
This post will be shared at link parties found on my “Where I Party” page.