This is the first time I’ve made these dessert bars, so I wasn’t too sure what the result would be. I was so pleased because they are total ooey, gooey goodness!
My taste testers were myself, my son and daughter-in-law and my husband, Paul. My son and daughter-in-law loved them; in fact my son has already requested more. When they were warm out of the oven my husband wasn’t too sure about them, but the next day he commented “you know, these are pretty good”. And he showed his enthusiasm by helping us to eat the entire 9 x 13 inch pan over the next few days.
Ingredients for the Dessert Bars:
2 sticks butter,yellow cake mix, 3 eggs, 1 pkg cream cheese, 1 box powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla.
And this is how you make them:
Melt 1 stick of butter in a large bowl.
Mix the butter, cake mix and egg together well.
Place mixture in the bottom of the prepared 9 x 13 inch pan.
Place cream cheese in bowl.
Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
Add remaining 2 eggs.
Beat until well blended.
Add powdered sugar. Mix on low speed until all ingredients are well mixed.
Slowly add 1 sick of melted butter and 1 tsp vanilla. Beat until smooth.
Spread filling over cake mixture in pan.
Bake for 40-50 minutes. The center should still be a little gooey when finished baking. Cool completely and cut into bars.
These bars would be a great addition to your Easter menu this year. Your family will thank you!
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them helps support this website, and it’s very much appreciated!
This post will be shared on some of the lovely link parties found on my “Where I Party” page.
P.S. Here is the recipe ready to be printed and enjoyed:
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
- 1 (16 oz) box powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Melt 1 stick of butter in a large bowl.
- Stir in cake mix and 1 egg and continue stirring until well blended.
- Put mixture into the bottom of the prepared 9 x 13 inch pan and set aside.
- With mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add remaining 2 eggs until well blended.
- Add powdered sugar on low speed and continue beating until ingredients are well mixed.
- Slowly add 1 stick of melted butter and 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spread filling over cake mixture in pan.
- Put in oven and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Do not overcook, the center should still be a little gooey when finished baking.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.